Blade Root Bushings
High quality blade root bushings
The blade root bushing is a critical part of the wind turbine. The bushings carry the full load of the blade throughout the lifetime of the blade.
With constant movement and dynamic stress – and with the next generation blades sized at up to 100 meters in length and more than 20 tons weight – quality and complete control in production is essential.
Our specialists are highly skilled and experienced in dealing with blade root bushings.
PolyTech Blade Root Bushings adds value and advances:
- Press Induction heater - Bushings are pressed in the desired shape
- Bushings are heated and quenched
- Bushings are machined in customized turning centres
- The bushings are grit blasted to ensure optimal mechanical bonding
- Every process is monitored and stored in the SCADA system
- Anti-corrosion in thread
- PolyTech Bushings are cost competitive
- PolyTech provides worldwide delivery
- Every step is tested in PolyTech’s own in-house metal laboratory