PolyTech helps blade manufacturers with a wide variety of blade performance add-ons making sure the blade picks up speed and performance.
Our solutions are often designed in a partnership with the customer’s aerodynamic engineers. Quality is essential as the add-ons alter the original design. All add-ons are custom-made and tested with full customer involvement.
Add-ons are exposed to extreme weathering. It is therefore crucial that the right material and bonding strategy is applied.
Examples from our current aero-add-on portfolio:
- Gurney flaps to optimise lift, drag and moment coefficient
- Vortex generators to optimise air flow round the blade root
- Serrations to reduce blade noise and improve power lift
- Chord extenders optimize production in low wind areas
- Power upgrades in accordance with the OEM
All add-ons are tested extensively at our lab ensuring perfect bonding, low tact time in production and/or onsite installation.
PolyTech provides the full spectrum of specialist skills in material design and manufacture for any blade add-on.
We are also specialized in testing for erosion and UV exposure, and we perform peel tests and test for salt spray.
PolyTech is the full-service supplier!